2.22.2015

Experience with SMART amp

Story Nine

Opinions triggered and shared. Time for the teacher to study.

What I really find powerful about SMART amp is the fact that it enables you to learn a lot about your students. With ease, they can share their opinions and ideas. It is important to emphasize that a teacher needs to be in a position of a trusted friend who uses all information to seek for solutions.

I am going to show you two activities I did with my class and Boris Berlijn´s students. The first one was about sharing ideas about other countries than only ours. I especially liked the question about a country they have been to and can imagine living in. What a fantastic source for further research and conversation! So, I believe that it is important to ask questions about the world we live in and - at the same time - include the outer world we have experienced a little to help understand the global world more.



The second activity was to find the tools we can use in our common project. It was more than lovely to find out that students suggested apps Boris and I had no idea they existed! Needless to say, it made us really proud of our students and happy to have learnt something. So, questions like "How do you communicate with the others?" can show you amazing ways of getting in touch with the others that you can use in your classroom. And I am sure you can come up with loads of questions that will help you learn a lot a bout your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment