11.15.2014

Experience with SMART amp

Story Six

We failed, didn´t we? Did we really? Well ... I am not convinced. Noooooo.Struggling, searching, and finding is the real art of creating.

The next activity I planned was more than daring. As our topic had been "Famous" I asked my students to highlight places in our town which make it famous. It seemed easy. However, I decided to split my class into three group of Researchers, Designers, and Organisers. Reasearches were supposed to look up information, Designers were responsible for getting images and taking photos, and finally Organisers put everything together. Moreover, these groups were seated in different parts of the school, connected only by the workspace. And then there was me, running between these places, checking everything on my iPad.But alas. The activity didn´t go as smoothly as we had planned. The photos and text had been randomly replaces or deleted. In each classroom, I had found a bunch of furious students, blaming the others for not following the plan.At the end of the lesson, the upset students asked me why they had failed. Failed??? Come on. I told them that it was difficult for adults to organise their work efficiently, and asked them if they had used the chat. I was given surprised looks. Chat? We are allowed to used it when we work? For God´s sake, yes. I do it myself when I organise my work. We agreed on using chat, and adding notes and label on each bit in the workspace so that it would be obvious why the bit was there.And the result was great. Well done!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment