6.08.2015

Experience with SMART amp

Story Thirteen

Let the classroom become a resource for a lesson.

Not long time  ago I was thinking about what new design of a workspace I could come up with. I wasn´t surprised not to get an idea even after interminable racking my brains. And then it happened! I looked around my classroom and suddenly saw all the fantastic resources at hand. Posters, maps, essays ... I got an idea to create a workspace which is a floorplan of the particular room, with hints where to look for answers. At each bookmark there was a question to which an answer could be found in the classroom and one based on online resources.


Students divided into small groups, appointed a group leader, and the leader was handed out a copy of the workspace. Then the work began. It was lovely to see how the students using materials majority of which was created by them or their peers.



I was happy to find out that this kind of an activity worked well with the students and can´t wait to use it in a larger scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment